The Company’s Directors, Managers & employees are committed to take actions to ensure that their business operations cause as little detriment to the environment as possible and that they have a duty to future generations to use their best endeavours to use the earth’s resources in a responsible way.
Therefore Durtnell Joinery & Finishing have:-
- Taken steps to ensure that wherever possible that the timber used in their manufacturing processes has been sourced from FFC credited suppliers or at the least well managed forests and woodlands and that this is as far as practical backed up by recognised and well documented chain up custody certification.
- Endeavoured to move to its own full FCS accreditation and are already a part of a supply chain with these processes and procedures are in place.
Durtnell Joinery & Finishing are committed to working with:-
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC): a global, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of responsible forest management worldwide.
- ‘The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC): an international non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting Sustainable Forest Management through independent third-party certification.
- ‘BM TRADA Forest Products certification: Chain of Custody scheme that recognises there are other certification schemes and forest management initiatives operating in various parts of the world where currently there is no route to market for products because of the absence of independent verification of Chain of Custody.’